Transportation is the largest source of climate pollution in Washington and right now, state legislators are debating if and how to put in place a new package of investments for our transportation system.
On Monday, March 29, 2021 Transportation Choices joined Duwamish River Clean Up Coalition, Disability Rights Washington, Climate Solutions, and the Climate Alliance for Jobs and Clean Energy for an online town hall conversation with community leaders and policy advocates about why we need a clean and just transportation system and how we get there.
Watch the full recording in the video above, or explore some of the resources shared during the conversation:
- Transit Chat: How Can Road Pricing Advance Equity? (Transportation Choices)
- Transportation Access Storymap (Disability Rights Washington)
- “Getting stuck in my wheelchair isn’t safe or fun. Quit neglecting Washington sidewalks.” (Krystal Monteros in The News Tribune)
- The Big Issue: Transforming Our Transportation (Climate Solutions)
- Tell legislators: We need a Clean & Just Transportation Future! (Climate Alliance)
- Textbank for Clean & Just Transportation! (With the #CleanAndJust coalition)
Thank you to all our speakers and to everyone who joined us for yesterday’s event. There’s more work to do this legislative session and we look forward to having you be part of it!
Want to learn about future events as soon as they get announced? Join our mailing list and you’ll be the first to know.