- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Collection of your information
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways including:
- Personal Information including your name, phone number, email address. This information is only collected when you fill out a voluntary form such as a newsletter signup, event registration, or donation form.
- Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such your browser type, operating system, access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
- Cookies from third party partners such as Google Analytics* or Facebook which may collect the information above along with ip address, location, and User interaction with the Site. We use this information to assist the organization in analyzing User engagement and success to improve our website and services.
- We may collect financial information, such as your payment method (e.g. valid credit card number, card brand, expiration date) when you donate or purchase something on the Site. This information is not stored locally or on the transportationchoices.org servers. We use a secure third party vendor for processing payments. Read more about the privacy information related to our credit card processor.
How we use collected information
Transportationchoice.org.org may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests
- To process purchases or donations.
As owners of the information collected on this site, transportationchoices.org does not provide, sell, or rent email addresses to anyone outside the organization. If compelled by law to disclose information, then transportationchoices.org will comply with such orders.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. Read more about the privacy information related to our credit card processor.
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on February 6, 2019.