On March 14th, Transportation Choices hosted a Transit Talk panel discussion 10 Years of Link Light Rail. 10 Years of Connecting Community. Our expert panel examined the history of light rail in the Puget Sound region, explored successes and lessons learned, and examined ways we can better center communities in the planning process so we can create equitable transit hubs during the current expansion of Link light rail.
For those who couldn’t attend or want to share the conversation with your friends, family, and colleagues, you can watch the recording below.
- (Moderator) Barbara Wright, Healthy Community Advocate
- Don Billen, Executive Director Planning, Environment & Project Development, Sound Transit
- Estela Ortega, Executive Director, El Centro de la Raza
- Greg Nickels, 51st Mayor of Seattle
- Jill Mangaliman, Executive Director, Got Green
- Luis Rodriguez, Owner, The Station Cafe
- Mark Hallenbeck, Director, WA State Transportation Center, University of Washington
- Miranda Redinger, Senior Planner, City of Shoreline
Thank you to the Seattle Channel for the video recording.