Transportation Choices Coalition is Washington's only non-profit bringing you MORE CHOICES – buses, trains, sidewalks, and bike lanes. Sign up and get involved!
See us in the news!
Metro transit cuts more likely with no deal
Jul 02, 2013KING 5 News
- Cuts to Metro Transit service are much more likely after state lawmakers did not pass a $10 billion transportation funding package.
Would the big new Seattle ferry terminal evict its water taxis?
Mar 15, 2012Seattle Times
- Seattle Times covers the story we broke on our blog about the new Colman Dock replacing the passenger only ferry service.
Right transportation choices and goals can make us a healthier society
Feb 15, 2012Tacoma News Tribune
- Washington’s transportation system is the backbone of our economy, shaping nearly every aspect of our daily lives, including our health. We have a responsibility to build a transportation system that generates local prosperity, protects our most vulnerable populations, prevents chronic disease and reduces obesity while providing everyone with the freedom to safely get where they need to go.
Transportation Choices Coalition: No, Transit Does Not Get Too Much Money
Feb 07, 2012Publicola
- Publicola covers our retort to Washington Policy Center's false claims about transit funding.
Guest opinion: Transportation planning should consider health
Feb 04, 2012Spokesmen Review
- An Op-Ed in the Spokesmen Review on health and transportation.
How to build a healthy transportation system
Feb 02, 2012Seattle Times
- Good transportation policy should take into account people's health and well-being, not just economic and environmental impacts, says Seattle physician and public-health leader Howard Frumkin.
Developer Kemper Freeman's backing a boon to toll initiative
Oct 08, 2011Seattle Times
- A provision in Tim Eyman's tolling initiative, I-1125, would ban light rail across the Interstate 90 bridge. Bellevue developer Kemper Freeman, who's been pursuing that goal in court, has dumped more than $1 million into the initiative.
Nickels joins board of transpo group
Sep 21, 2011Seattle PI
- Former Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels has joined the board of the Transportation Choices Coalition, a group pushing for more transit options.
Seattle City Council sends $60 car-tab fee to Nov. ballot
Aug 16, 2011Seattle Times
- Seattle residents will vote this November on a $60 car-tab fee, about half of which would go toward transit projects.
Afternoon Jolt: The Metro Deal
Aug 12, 2011Publicola
- Today’s winner: Organized Metro riders , who turned out in force over the past month to speak up in favor of a $20 fee to save King County Metro bus service (and submitted more than 10,000 petitions asking the county council to save their buses).
Seattle City Council To Decide Whether Car Tab Issue Should Go On Ballot
Aug 11, 2011KIRO
- Dozens of people told Seattle City councilmembers they want car tabs raised by as much $80 to keep bus fares down and fix roads.
Is System-Wide Tolling a Solution, or Part of the Problem?
Aug 03, 2011Publicola
- We are stuck in traffic and we have no money to fix the problem. Talk about a Catch-22. Fiscal shortfalls in funding needed transportation improvements make daily headlines. The solutions that have been offered vary widely, ranging from effective to useless.