Transportation Choices Coalition is Washington's only non-profit bringing you MORE CHOICES – buses, trains, sidewalks, and bike lanes. Sign up and get involved!
2017 Legislative Agenda
2017 Legislative Priorities
As an odd-year legislative session, the primary focus will be on adopting the 2017-2019 biennium operating, transportation and capital budgets. Fortunately, because we helped secured a $16 billion, long-term transportation package in 2015 that included record setting multi-modal funding commitments, this year’s transportation budget is not expected to be controversial and should be finalized before the operation and capital budgets.
Nonetheless, we will continue to push bold transportation policies, including:
Advancing Innovative Policies
- Championing an innovative congestion relief program that will reduce travel times, improve air quality, and optimize our transportation system;
- Securing funding for a pioneering pay-as-you-drive pilot program that ensures our transportation system is well maintained and that Washingtonians can pursue a wide variety of transportation choices.
- TCC supports a revenue option for Intercity Transit Authority to grow transit service in Thurston County.
Investing in Choices
- Defending the unprecedented multi-modal funding commitments we won in the 2015 transportation package;
- Working with transit agencies and social justice organizations to ensure Volkswagen Clean Air Mitigation funds are invested in solutions that benefit transit and improve air quality – especially in communities that have historically borne higher levels of air pollution.